Apprentice Administrative Assistant THE PILION TRUST LTD
The Pilion Trust are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed individual to help with the day to day running of their charity organisation. You will be supporting the Directors and Management Committee to help effectively run the company.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Aug 2017
27 Jan 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Be organised and methodical in work practice.
- Good communication skills and telephone manner.
- Knowledge of working with numbers and computers.
- Support the CEO and Management Committee.
- The ability to support the organisation.
- Computer literate in spreadsheets and databases and PDA
- Provide or support the people with advice and information of available local services.
- Liaise closely with health and social care professionals
- Answer phones, messages and respond to basic queries.
- Monitor staff who are working out in the field.
- Keep confidential and 'open' records and write up notes/records as required.
- Work closely with all the staff within the organisation to ensure the smooth delivery of the main office.
- Attend and participate in the relevant meetings.
- Maintain agreed records, particularly monitoring, statistical and administrative.
- Utilise IT facilities for your own correspondence, short reports, record keeping, etc.
- Promote the Pilion Trust through networks, and other relevant agencies.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Pilion Trust's aims and objectives.
- Work within Pilion Trust Opportunities framework, Quality Management System and Health & Safety requirements as may be amended from time-to-time by law, precedent or good practice.
- Under take other tasks within the context of the post, which may reasonably be required by your line manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Good speaking voice and telephone manner.
- Be organised and systematic in your work.
- Assist colleagues with campaigns, reports, presentations.
- Managing stationary stock including inks, paper etc.
- Be able to work Computers Windows, Excel, Access etc.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
- Flexible working as you may be required to attend evening MC meetings.
- Ability to plan ahead set and meet targets; and work with a demanding environment.
- Good administrative and office procedure skills.
- Numeric & Computer skills essential.
- Good GCSE's (or equivalent)
- Further and onward Employment Training Opportunities
Things to consider
- DBS will be required
About the employer
Our offices are based in Islington but we cover all central london boroughs.
We run youth services, women's project, homelessness and transgender project.
THE PILION TRUST LTD
- Business Administration level 2/3
- Functional skills Maths, English and ICT if required.
Business and Administration
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017