Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Tinies
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a Nursery located in a Health Club. Daily activities include swimming, tennis and gymnastics. Join our friendly team and kick start your career in childcare!
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
21 Jan 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Ensure you work as part of a team towards a common goal sharing ideas and feedback
- Demonstrate a proactive approach using your initiative for getting things done
- Supporting all staff including learners, demonstrating appropriate behaviour and expectations
- Work in partnership with parents/ carers and other professionals
- Ensuring time is always made available to meet with parents if necessary
- Create the right environment to offer a unique experience for our parents and children
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play
- Practice positive behaviour management techniques
- Meeting the individual dietary, health, comfort and care needs of each individual child
- Have a child centred approach, ensuring the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children and their interests.
- Support the maintenance of accurate and effective children’s records and contribute to progress checks
Requirements and prospects
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good communication and observation/listening skills with people with specific communication difficulties
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge.
- Good Time Keeping
- Reliable and trustworthy
- A "Can Do" Attitude
- Good standard of general education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Minimum 4 weeks work experience in a childcare/youth setting
Things to consider
About the employer
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
Mafalda Leltao Talks About Childcare Career Support with First Rung
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017