Progress your childcare career onto a NVQ Level 3 qualification and earn whilst you learn! Our nursery has access to fantastic activities as we are located in a Health Club. Daily activities include swimming, tennis and gymnastics.
LEVEL 3 Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship
Closing date: 11 Jul 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm, 35 hours per week
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
24 Jul 2017
04 Feb 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Ensure you work as part of a team towards a common goal sharing ideas and feedback
- Demonstrate a proactive approach using your initiative for getting things done
- Supporting all staff including learners, demonstrating appropriate behaviour and expectations
- Work in partnership with parents/ carers and other professionals
- Ensuring time is always made available to meet with parents if necessary
- Create the right environment to offer a unique experience for our parents and children
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play
- Practice positive behaviour management techniques
- Meeting the individual dietary, health, comfort and care needs of each individual child
- Have a child centred approach, ensuring the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children and their interests.
- Support the maintenance of accurate and effective children’s records and contribute to progress checks
Requirements and prospects
- Minimum level 2 qualification in Early Years
- Childcare work experience
- Good working knowledge of the EYFS & statutory framework
- effective written and verbal communicator
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Excellent team player
- Motivated practitioner
- Good Time Keeping
- Reliable and trustworthy
- A "Can Do" Attitude
- Good standard of general education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Work experience in a childcare/youth setting
- The successful candidate can progress onto a foundation degree (providing you have your English and Maths GCSE C or above) or into employment (OR EQUIVALENT)
About the employer
At our nursery we believe that every child is a unique individual. We combine the highest standards of loving care and early years’ education together with great facilities, programmes and dedicated staff.
- Level 3 in Children and Young People's Workforce, Functional Skills in Maths, English, ICT, Paediatric First Aid.
- For more information on Childcare Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
- Mafalda Leltao Talks About Childcare Career Support with First Rung
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
the National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Jul 2017