HOB Salons have vacancies for full time Apprentices within their 26 Salons. Our focus is about equipping you with new skills you need for your job role, future employment and progression routes. See vacancy full job description for more details.
Hairdressing Full time Apprentrice, Potters Bar
Closing date: 11 Sep 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
40 hours based on 5 working days
Total hours per week: 40.00
18 - 24 months
Possible start date
12 Sep 2017
07 Jan 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Job description includes the following:
Key responsibilities and day to day tasks:
- Support with the smooth day to day running of the salon
- Excellent customer service skills to include Front of House duties( reception)
- Offer an excellent service to reflect the HOB brand
- Assist and work alongside experienced Stylists and Colour Technicians continuously
- Maintain HOB Salons professional standards
- Maintain salon cleanliness and hygiene
- Follow company policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Friendly approach
- Positive attitude
On completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship Programme you will be placed in one of the 26 Salons in the HOB group as a Graduate Stylist or Colour Technician and be given the opportunity to achieve your Advanced Apprenticeship Programme ( NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing.
As a company we have many avenues that your future career can take whether that be as a Franchisee, Manager, successful stylists or even an Educator or part of the HOB Creative team.
We have an amazing support network to help you achieve your career aspirations.
Things to consider
You will be required to work 4 days in the salon, to include model night in house training, one day attending the HOB Academy in the heart of Camden town for your NVQ training and Apprenticeship framework delivery. Your working days will vary depending on your college training days and days off. This is to be confirmed once you are employed and enrolled on the programme.
About the employer
“Education is the key to our success; combined with an uncompromising approach to quality, which defines us as a company, training has been key in helping us reach our objective to deliver excellence”.
At HOB Salons, we take our status as hair care experts seriously. We are committed to offering the highest level of creative hairdressing and client care and in our quest for excellence we provide ongoing training for all our staff at our London Academy. We welcome you into our group.
- Attending the HOB Apprenticeship Academy working towards your Intermediate Apprenticeship Framework.
- Working towards NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Completing Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in the Hair and Beauty Sector and Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Completing Functional skills Maths and English
- On the Job training
- Personal Learning Thinking Skills
- Attending 2 in-salon Model Evenings a week
- Learning the HOB Fundamentals hairdressing approach and techniques
HOB SALONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HOB SALONS LIMITED
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
You may be required to travel to work by public transport. Please see link below to get an idea of how long it may take you to travel to work.
All applications must be made through the Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered.
Alternatively you can email Claire Ensor - email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2017