IT & Administration Apprenticeship E Rex Makin & Co
The successful candidate will be a team player who has a "can do” attitude and a positive manner. They will provide general administration support throughout the firm but will also provide specific assistance to the IT and accounts department.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
06 Jan 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
£3.30 - National Apprentice Minimum Wage
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898 888
Estio Training has a fantastic opportunity to join a prominent solicitors practice in Liverpool city centre.
We have full time vacancy for an IT/Admin assistant.
The role will be varied and will be dependent upon the requirements of the business at that time.
The successful candidate will be a team player who has a "can do” attitude and a positive manner.
They will provide general administration support throughout the firm but will also provide specific assistance to the IT and accounts department.
- Supporting staff in a help desk type role, typical user problems.
- Monitoring the backup including a bi annual disaster recovery to test the backup on a spare server.
- Monitoring server log files and looking for fixes associated with event errors or warnings
- Supporting the infrastructure, troubleshooting network errors, making Cat5 cables, rerouting wires etc.
- Setting up computer OS and Software
- Installing Printers etc.
- Maintaining the firm intranet (PHP, HTML and CSS)
- Writing SQL queries
There are a lot of systems that go to making up the firms IT system, below are an example of systems we support
- SBS 2008 Inc Exchange and SQL
- Windows 7 client
- Solicitor Case Management (based on an SQL server)
- Intranet run on MySQL and Apache
- Avaya IP Office phone system
- Paxton access control system
Requirements and prospects
- An interest in IT
- IT skills to include basic skills such as the use of excel spreadsheets and Microsoft word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and effective time management abilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- A friendly and polite manner
- Eager and enthusiastic
- Smart appearance
Things to consider
About the employer
The firm started from a small office in Hackins Hey (off Dale Street) and grew over time to occupy more space in those premises.
E Rex Makin & Co
Learners will receive twelve weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017