Apprentice IT Technician (Mobile) Partnership Education
Grab this rare opportunity to develop all-round IT skills providing outsourced IT technical support to local schools. This will be a fantastic learning experience. You will need to be a driver with transport for this mobile role.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Aug 2017
08 Dec 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Committed to your development, this employer is promising a varied and interesting role with excellent learning opportunities. You will need to be a driver with your own transport, to meet engineers on site at various locations across the area and will be learning your trade from experienced engineers, providing technical support in schools, academies and community centres.
- This is a practica; role and you will be trained to respond to a variety of technical issues, with a view to working independently in the future. This employer would like to support the successful candidate through both the Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships.
- One day you might be involved in a networking project, the next you could be setting up new systems. You could be upgrading software and running diagnostics to resolve reported issues. When you’re not doing that, you would be based in the company’s office in Cranfield to maintain their website and enhance their online presence.
- You will use and develop your own technical knowledge to resolve support issues, escalating this to senior technicians where necessary. Full support and training will be available to you, but you will need to demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving and the confidence to tackle a technical problem.
- The nature of the role means you will need to be an excellent communicator with a strong grasp of customer service. The successful applicant will be able to effectively manage their time, prioritise their workload and will be self-motivated and disciplined with a thirst for learning and a willingness to get stuck in to whatever problem they face.
- In this role you will develop into a well-rounded IT professional. The employer estimates that around 80% of the role will be on-site technical, with the 20% being allocated to the web-related duties.
- The work is in school premises so the successful candidate will need to pass an enhanced DBS check and appropriate safeguarding training.
- Travel expenses will be paid. The position will start on apprentice minimum wage but the employer will review this during the apprenticeship and may be increased in line with performance and achievement.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong technical skills; the employer is looking for someone who is confident to tackle a variety of practical issues so existing knowledge is vital, but also an interest in website development.
- Confident communicator
- Good customer service skills
- Reliability and self-motivation.
- Strong work ethic.
- Willingness to get stuck in and learn.
- Problem solving will be required so a methodical thinker with a logical approach.
Things to consider
About the employer
Acquired by PTS in 2010, PEL was formed in 2006 from personnel drawn from UK state sector support teams with substantial school-based experience, to deliver first class service support for transformational teaching and learning change strategies.
Based in Bedfordshire, PEL has a highly qualified and experienced team of consultants covering all phases of education, with particular focus on supporting ICT, change management, and transforming learning and teaching.
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Karla Craven 01332 880515
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly – any attempt of this may invalidate candidate’s application. Should you have any queries regarding your Application or the job itself, please contact your 3aaa Training Academy.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017