To provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children attending the nursery and to maintain a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment.
Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship
Closing date: 18 Jul 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm, 35 hours per week
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
31 Jul 2017
08 Dec 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include;
- To meet children’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs by providing stimulating and age-appropriate play and learning opportunities in the nursery, as directed by your supervisor.
- To provide a high level of care that will enhance the children’s general health and well-being and to ensure that all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
- Carry out observations (as required) in order to establish that the children’s general health and well-being is being enhanced.
- To support a variety of outdoor activities to cover all areas of the children’s development as well as assisting outdoor play in all weathers.
- To assist in the preparation of snacks, set up and clear away meal times and supervision of children during meal times.
- To liaise with parents/carers about their children’s needs & to inform parents/carers how their child’s session progressed, always starting the discussion with a positive comment
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good observation and listening skills
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- Ability to motivate self and others
- A flexible approach to the work of the organisation.
- Friendly and Fun
- Good standard of general education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Minimum 4 weeks work experience in a childcare/youth setting
The successful candidate can progress onto an Apprenticeship at Level 3, into employment, or onto further training at college
Things to consider
Candidates without the required qualifications or work experience may be referred to our Level 1 Childcare course or Traineeship Programme.
About the employer
This is a brand new nursery opposite New Barnet train station. Be part of a new team working with children from 3 months to 5 years old.
East Barnet Road
Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce.
Level 1 and 2 in Maths, English, ICT,
Paediatric First Aid.
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
Mafalda Leltao Talks About Childcare Career Support with First Rung
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
From 1st October 2015 the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Jul 2017