Apprentice Care Assistant MELLIFONT ABBEY LLP
The Care Assistant plays a vital role in the care of residents and vulnerable people, where you will be working under the direction of our more senior care professionals. This is a role that will need someone who is patient, kind natured and dedicated.
Closing date: 15 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
08 Dec 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The key result areas for the role of the apprentice will be as follows:
- Undertake delegated work while mentored by senior staff to assist in the provision of individualised planned resident care.
- Use a degree of initiative to ensure the residents’ personal needs are met, and the residents’ condition is reported to qualified staff.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment, by ensuring orderliness and hygiene and safety within the care setting.
- Gain competencies in skills specific to the role
At all times ensuring a high standard of care is delivered to residents’, carers and visitors and a kind, caring and professional attitude whilst considering dignity, privacy, cultural and religious needs.
Requirements and prospects
- To have a patient, caring nature and enthusiasm to care for the elderly.
- To be approachable and friendly and be able to communicate well with the residents in a respectful manner.
- To have a keen willingness to learn.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Health and Social Care
- Functional Skills
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Emma Tibbs (01458 844631)
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Sep 2017