Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship St Andrews Church Playgroup
Start your Childcare career now and earn whilst you are learning and gaining your childcare qualification. Your key roles are: To assist with the daily routine in the nursery. To act as a key worker to a group of children.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
03 Dec 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Provides a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy base room and ensures that all daily routines are adhered to.
- Assist in the completion of key person children’s development records.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures in relation to the safeguarding of children. Reports any suspicion of abuse or neglect to the Nursery Manager.
- Communicates effectively with parents and other visitors to the nursery under supervision of qualified practitioners.
- Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and activities.
- Studies NVQ in Childcare and is wholly committed to the learning programme.
- Performs any ad hoc duties as required.
- Is mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues.
- Attends training courses to further personal development.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiasm for working with young children.
- An interest in the care, learning and development of young children.
- A commitment to the provision of high quality childcare.
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities.
- Ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Good organisational, record keeping and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with children, colleagues, advisors and parents/carers.
- Good written, verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Reliability and trustworthiness.
- A positive approach to inclusive practice, with children and colleagues.
Things to consider
About the employer
St Andrews Church Playgroup
- Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English, and ICT
- Paediatric First Aid
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
Mafalda Leltao Talks About Childcare Career Support with First Rung [http://bit.ly/1889SjC]
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017