Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Bright Little Stars Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in Childcare. The role involves providing of high quality care and education for children throughout the nursery and in partnership with their parents.
Closing date: 17 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
23 Nov 2017
25 Nov 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Provides a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy base room and ensures that all daily routines are adhered to.
- Assist in the completion of key person children’s development records.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures in relation to the safeguarding of children. Reports any suspicion of abuse or neglect to the Nursery Manager.
- Ensures that operational procedures and policies are fully understood and consistently followed.
- Communicates effectively with parents and other visitors to the nursery under supervision of qualified practitioners.
- Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and activities.
- Studies NVQ in Childcare and is wholly committed to the learning programme
- Performs any ad hoc duties as required.
- Is mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues.
- Attends training courses to further personal development
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good observation and listening skills
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- A genuine enthusiasm for childcare
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- A flexible approach to the work of the organisation.
- Can add value to a team and take responsibility when required
- Good standard of general education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Minimum 4 weeks work experience in a childcare/youth setting
- The successful candidate can progress onto an Apprenticeship at Level 3, into employment, or onto further training at college
Things to consider
- Candidates without the required qualifications or work experience may be referred to our FLEX Foundation Learning programme for a Level 1 Childcare course and work experience
About the employer
Bright Little Stars Ltd
- Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce, Functional Skills in Maths, English, ICT, Paediatric First Aid.
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
- Mafalda Leltao Talks About Childcare Career Support with First Rung
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 17 Nov 2017