Web Developer & IT Support Apprentice KARIBA CREATIVE MEDIA LTD
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in web development and IT support for one of Harrogate’s leading digital agencies. You will join our small and friendly team to help develop and update our client’s websites and systems
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
18 Nov 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
On entry, the perfect candidate would have excellent IT skills and some understanding of the concept of web-delivered applications. As this is an apprenticeship, training and support will be given as part of the program to develop these skills.
- Working directly with the senior developer and designers to add functionality to existing websites and systems
- Provide updates and essential maintenance to current systems and websites
- Help with IT issues, such as setting up website hosting and email services
- Work with other members of the agency to help improve workflow and processes
Please contact email@example.com or call 01422 898 888
Requirements and prospects
Desirable Skills to have at the end of the apprenticeship:
- Ability to build standards compliant HTML5 & CSS3 front end code.
- Photoshop experience would be desirable
- Be able to develop and work with common platforms such as Magento and Wordpress
- An understanding of PHP and MySQL would be an advantage
- Have good levels of communication, both verbally and written
- Be IT literate
- Have a proactive approach to work with a high level of enthusiasm for web development
- Have a keen interest in learning all of the above skills
- 5 GCSE’s at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
KARIBA CREATIVE MEDIA LTD
Learners will receive eleven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017