For someone considering a career in Hospitalty we are offering a unique opportunity to join our front of house and service team at Saabs Grill in Wigston, Leicestershire.
Front of House Apprentice
Saabs Grill Ltd
Closing date: 02 Apr 2017
30 hours (see Important other information)
Possible start date
10 Apr 2017
11 Nov 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a member of the front of house team the successful candidate will learn all aspects of working within the busy bar and dining areas under the supervision of the general manager.
You will be required to complete a number of the below tasks as per company requirements while maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the centre.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself & the
- Maintain food safety when holding and serving food
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Serve food at the table
- Prepare & clear the bar area
- Prepare & serve hot drinks using specialist equipment
- Maintain and deal with customer accounts and payment
- Deal with bookings and arrival of customers.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills and an ability to work as part of a team Flexibility in terms of tasks undertaken
- Commitment to personal development
- Must be a good communicator
- Some Front of House experience is desirable
- Attention to detail
- Hard working and self motivated
- Confident and eager to learn new skills
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Pleasant and welcoming
- Reliable, responsible and honest
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to use initiative
No formal qualifications required, however GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent) would be advantageous. An initail assessment would take place prior to the start of the Apprenticeship training programme
Most employers working with Leicester College are keen to offer permanent employment to a reliable, hardworking individual based on their performance throughout their Apprenticeship. If you succeed as an Apprentice you will have a sound knowledge of Hospitality Services and as such you will possess an essential skill set to help you advance in your career.
Things to consider
This role involves working evenings and weekends.
About the employer
A warm welcoming environment, with first class Indian food. Excellent customer service. At Saab's you will not be disappointed with the quality of its cuisine.
The successful candidate will be trained towards the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Hospitality Services
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths and English
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities unit
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Louisa Jane Kiggell
Weekly wage: £105 for the first 3 months - £120 after the first 3 months
Working week: 30 hours per week. 6 days per week (Tuesday-Sunday) 5 hours per day: 6:00pm-11:00pm
As of the 1st October 2015 the Apprentice NMW is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Interview date and possible start date are only a guideline. Interviews for this position could be arranged at any time after the closing date therefore the start date could alter.
Applications will only be accepted through the Apprenticeship online system not directly through the employer.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Apr 2017