Childcare Apprentice Tree Tots Nursery
Working in a well established nursery Tree Tots, dealing with 0-5 year olds. They pride themselves on the reputation they have within the community and like to help assist all parents with the care they give.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
11 Nov 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Help staff with both long and short range of activities
- Assist in play and stimulating games to play with children
- Record all incidents accurately
- Maintain daily and open communication with parents
- Cleaning duties essential
- All forms and documents completed
- Security adhered to and safeguarding policies and procedures
- Arrange room environment to suit the needs to activity
- Health and safety at all times within the nursery
- Equipment kept clean and tidy
- Closing down procedures followed
- Notice board kept up to date
- Handover to other staff members
Requirements and prospects
- To contribute to a high standard of care of children within the nursery
- Give support to the other individuals within the nursery
- Great listening skills
- Communicate using different methods of communication
- Want to pursue this as your career goal
- Can do attitude
- Good track record of time keeping
- Smart and professional
- Caring nature
- Willing to learn
- Willing to clean up after children
- Be involved in all activities
In the event that the candidate would like to progress onto an Advanced Level Children and Young People Apprenticeship they must have grades A*-C in GCSE English and Maths as these are the entry requirements as of 1st August 2015.
Things to consider
About the employer
Tree Tots Nursery
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017