IT Developer Apprentice SHULMANS LLP
The apprenticeship role involves supporting other colleague in IT with their work on developing IT systems through the full lifecycle of coding, testing, debugging, documenting and deploying.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
11 Nov 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
IT Developer Apprentice
£3.30 per hour
Please contact Faye.Brown@estio.co.uk or call 01422 898 888
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Developer with a Law firm in Leeds.
This is an apprenticeship position within the development and case management section of the IT Team of the Business Support unit. The role involves supporting other colleague in IT with their work on developing IT systems through the full lifecycle of coding, testing, debugging, documenting and deploying. The post holder is expected to work closely with the business, to gain proven understanding of user requirements and to work with others to help develop these requirements into innovative and robust systems.
- Provide 1st Line technical support for the case management and core business applications being utilised by the firm. This also includes knowledge sharing and transferring with colleagues and team members.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of reports and management information as required by all business units.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of business facing websites as required by all business units.
- Attend application design meetings in order to determine and communicate design and development plans to internal units.
- Ensuring that all development and programming work is delivered to the stated time and quality requirements. This covers the full development lifecycle, and encompasses all project, support, and maintenance work.
- Produce and maintain documentation in a timely and accurate manner, relating to the development of IT Systems.
- Adhere to all internal IT processes, in particular to change management policies.
- Provide appropriate support to IT colleagues in respect of the overflow of IT support issues as appropriate, taking direction from IT management with regards to prioritisation in this area.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience using Desktop PC’s and Operating Systems
- Knowledge/experience of Microsoft office
- IT experience from self-study or IT related qualification
- Knowledge of ASP.Net, C#, VB
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge/experience of Web Development
- A passion to learn and develop skills and experiences in IT.
- A passion for analysing and solving problems
- Well organised approach to work
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Demonstrate multi-tasking abilities
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- A positive and proactive approach
About the employer
Learners will receive eleven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
The Current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2017