To assist the supervisor in the day to day running of the pre-school. To provide a stimulating and varied programme of play and learning opportunities. To ensure the safety and well-being of the children.
Pre-school Assistant Apprentice
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
35 hours per week
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Aug 2017
09 Nov 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist in the setting up and clearing away of all activities and equipment
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times.
- To ensure that any information received concerning the children is kept confidential at all times.
- To actively encourage children's progress in all areas of development, types and stages of play, by interaction and extension of play activities.
- To be responsible for keeping the individual record file for each of the children in the key person group.
- To be involved in curriculum planning, policy writing and record keeping as requested and led by the supervisor
- To attend staff meetings as requested.
- To attend training as requested
- To support the work and beliefs of the pre-school by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children and adults
- To work as part of a team and support colleagues
- To encourage the participation and involvement of all parents of children attending pre-school
- To be flexible with the working practices of the pre-school
- To be prepared to help when other areas of the pre-school may be short staffed, or with domestic duties as specified by the pre-school manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSE's C or above preferable (or equivalent).
Possible permanent position.
Things to consider
A DBS Check will be required.
About the employer
Childville After school services is a limited company with multiple sites running within London borough of Barking and Dagenham. Childville Services is an intimate setting which provides comprehensive childcare and education for children. We to provide a quality, safe and secure pre schools and breakfast, after school and holiday play centres for children aged 2 to 12 year olds.
Childcare Level 2/3 and functional skills in English, Maths and ICT if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017