This is a fantastic opportunity to complete an Apprenticeship programme and work for Tarboush Cafe & Restaurant in the kitchen. Duties include preparing fresh food dishes.
Food Production Apprentice Chef
Closing date: 06 Jun 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
40 Hours, split shift patterns TBC
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Jul 2017
05 Nov 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- You will work alongside a fully trained chef who will teach you all aspects of Hospitality and Catering.
- You will learn all aspects of food production.
- You will work as part of the kitchen team to ensure high standards are met.
- You will maintain excellent health, safety and hygiene standards.
- You will be expected to follow our cleaning schedule.
Working split shifts
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail
- Good time keeper
- Keen to learn
- Team player
These will be discussed with manager at interview.
Things to consider
Applicants need to be aware that they will be working in a busy environment and it is a physically demanding job role.This role is very active and physically demanding.
You may be required to work varying shifts including weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
About the employer
Tarboush is a traditional yet modern Cafe with a menu inspired by the Middle East. Tarboush brings Loughborough some of the magic from the ancient world & is the ideal place to escape if you want a break from the norm.
The menu offers an array of tantalising tastes & light refreshing bites which will take you on a journey from Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco to Turkey and Greece (to name just a few) & back.
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Diploma in Food Production NVQ
- Level 2 BTEC Certificate in Food Production
- Functional Skills- maths and English (if required)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Catering and Professional Chefs
HIT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HIT Training Ltd
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Jun 2017