To provide the highest level of care and education for children attending the nursery. Whilst you are gaining hands on experience in a high quality childcare setting you will be working towards recognised childcare qualifications.
Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Kiddi Caru At Writtle
Closing date: 05 Jun 2017
32 hours per week shift work
12 months and 1 day
Possible start date
12 Jun 2017
28 Oct 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Childcare and Education:
Ensuring that the children’s individual needs are identified and met. You will be expected to promote positive relationships between the children and will be expected to develop friendly and professional relationships with parents and carers.
You will also be expected to be a positive, practical role model for the children, whilst supervising and supporting them at all times. You will ensure that the children are kept safe and that you fully understand and follow Safeguarding Procedures.
Your duties will be dependant on your level of qualification but they will also include a wide range of interactive tasks, including:
- Setting up activities for the children
- Reading stories
- Playing games
- Helping at meal times
- Assisting with nappy changing and toileting and any other duties as necessary
- Joining in with play and creative activities, as this will be an important part of the role.
You will also help to ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Health and Safety:
You will adhere to all health and safety policy and procedures and be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive or restrictive, changes and other duties relevant to this post may be added. This job description may be reviewed in the future.
Requirements and prospects
- With support, the individual needs of children are identified and met.
- With support, equality of access and opportunity is given to all staff, parents and children.
- Company policies, procedures and operational practices are adhered to at all times.
- Positive working relationships with children, staff, parents and carers
- Hard worker
- Friendly and Approachable
- GCSE A-C in English and Maths (or equivalent)
Things to consider
This role could also be a Level 3 Apprenticeship depending on the Skill Set of the successful candidate.
A DBS check may also be required.
About the employer
Kiddi Caru Day Nursery is located in the heart of Writtle Village, close to central Chelmsford with easy access from the A414 and A12. We are extremely proud to be judged an ‘OUTSTANDING’ nursery for the second time running and it’s not hard to see why. Every room is bright and homely, with each having access to a huge natural outdoor play area, providing lots of opportunities for exploration through the use of our natural willow arch, mud kitchens, music and story areas.
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
- Level 2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
From the 1st October 2015 a National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices has been introduced for young people aged 16-18 and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new rate is £3.30 per hour. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age.
Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2017