To offer a quality reception service for all telephone enquiries and personal visitors to the Centre. To provide a hospitality service for all visitors to the Centre. To provide administrative and public relations services to the Centre.
Business Administration Apprenitce
The Randolph Beresford Early Years Centre
Closing date: 05 May 2017
30 hours per week
Possible start date
06 May 2017
19 Oct 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To Provide a confidential Reception / Admin. support service for the Centre
- To receive callers to the Centre, e.g. children, parents, visitors and telephone enquiries. Operate electronic security doors and entry-phone, issue visitor badges and ensure they sign in, receive and pass on messages to staff
- To ensure Class Registers are kept up-to-date on a daily basis, including marking in all late children
- To count daily dinner numbers from Class Registers and inform Catering staff
- To type correspondence such as newsletters, booklets, profiles and reports, etc. as requested, using Microsoft Word 6 and Excel, Publisher and Star, prioritising, drafting and agreeing completion times
- To provide a photocopying service to the Admin and Senior Management Team
- To provide a hospitality service to all visitors to the Centre including welcoming the visitors, offering refreshments and ensuring the staff they are visiting are informed
- To attend relevant training courses and staff meetings
- To comply with the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy both for service delivery and the responsibilities of the post, treating all contacts equally and in a professional manner
- To be familiar with and act in accordance with the Health and Safety At Work Act, as laid down or may from time to time be amended by Departmental or Council Policy.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSE's C or above preferable (or equivalent)
Possible permanent position
About the employer
Nursery and Children's centre in white city. Part of London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
Business Administration and functional skills in English, Maths and ICT if required
Business and Administration
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 May 2017