LEVEL 3 Apprentice Nursery Assistant Early Learners Centre Pre School Ltd
We are looking to hire a level 3 apprenticeship nursery assistant, we are looking for someone who works well within a team some body who is enthusiastic and shows passion to working with children.
Closing date: 17 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
23 Nov 2017
15 Oct 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Be a “key-person” as appropriate, having responsibility for overall child's welfare and parent partnerships
- Observe each child's progress and report on achievements and assist in maintaining records of each child’s day to day activities and development for parents using learning journeys
- Develop positive relationships with parents/carer
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoors and outdoors) and at mealtimes
- Assist with the delivery of the EYFS framework
- Assist in the planning and development of inspiring, enabling environments where children initiate play
- If delegated complete daily checklists as required, such as room opening and close, outdoor, bathroom and kitchen checklists
- Assist in providing an environment where children value and respect different cultures, religion, language and disability and ensure that toys and games reflect this within the setting
- Ensure Welfare and Safeguarding Children procedures are followed and you know what to do in the event of an allegation being made
- Demonstrate a commitment to understanding how children develop
- Be involved in fundraising events, assist with the promotion of the nursery, attend training events, open evenings and staff meetings and parents evening
- Undertake domestic jobs within the Nursery, such as preparation of snacks, cleaning of equipment and nursery rooms
- Ensure that you understand and follow the companies policies and procedures, specifically Childcare, Employee Handbook, Health and Safety and Training
- Be in tune with and meet children's individual needs at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Minimum level 2 qualification in Early Years
- Childcare work experience
- Good working knowledge of the EYFS & statutory framework
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Excellent team player
- Motivated practitioner
- Good Time Keeping
- Reliable and trustworthy
- A "Can Do" Attitude
- Good standard of general education to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Work experience in a childcare/youth setting
Things to consider
About the employer
We are a small, friendly, pre-school which aims to cater for the individual needs of every child in our care, to allow them to reach their full potential. We do this by providing the opportunity to learn through play in a safe, stimulating environment.
Learning through child-directed importance of play for pre-school children cannot be underestimated. Early Learning Centre Pre-School is founded on the importance of child-directed play for under-5s. We look for opportunities to incorporate all of these types of play in our environment:
- Construction toys
- Music and movement
- Messy play
- Games and puzzles
- Early reading and writing
- Imaginative play
- Outside play activities
- Computer use
Early Learners Centre Pre School Ltd
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
Mafalda Leltao Talks About Childcare Career Support with First Rung
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
The nursery WILL NOT answer any questions regarding the role or the Apprenticeships.
For any and all enquiries, please contact email@example.com
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
The Government recently announced a £2million Apprenticeship bursary scheme for the Early Years Childcare sector. Individuals who start an Advanced level Apprenticeship in the Children and Young People’s Workforce sector may be eligible from September 2013 for a bursary worth up to £1,500. Individuals must have achieved a grade A*-C in both English and Mathematics to be eligible to apply. The first 200 successful applicants to the bursary scheme will secure the increased award of £3,000.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 17 Nov 2017