Commercial Insurance Apprentice ACTUS RISK MANAGEMENT SERVIC

If you’re looking for an apprenticeship with excellent career opportunities, this may be the role you’re looking for. At Actus, we like to do insurance differently. Working with business customers across the UK, we pride ourselves on building relationships that will stand the test of time with our clients.

Sign in to apply

Closing date: 30 Jun 2024

Apprenticeship summary

  • Annual wage

    £14,000.00

    Increases will happen annually, along with the ability to earn an annual profit-based bonus.

  • Working week

    Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm. No weekend or evening work.

    Total hours per week: 35

  • Expected duration

    12 Months

  • Possible start date

    01 Aug 2024

  • Date posted

    03 May 2024

  • Apprenticeship level

    Advanced
    Level 3 (A level)

  • Reference number

    VAC1000249011

  • Positions

    1 available

What you will do in your working day

  • As an insurance apprentice, you will be;
    • Dealing with clients on a daily basis
    • Developing relationships
    • Dealing with amendments, whilst also negotiating with insurers to achieve the right outcomes.
  • As you continue your studies with the CII, you will develop your skills further and begin dealing with more complex insurance needs.
  • You should have excellent interpersonal skills and have a positive attitude to learning.
  • Ideally you will have solid GCSEs in both Maths and English and will have studied to A Level or equivalent to prepare you for the studies ahead.

The training you will be getting

  • At the end of the period you will receive a Level 3 qualification and will have the opportunity to join a Level 4 qualification after completion.
    • CILA Certificate in Insurance
    • CII Certificate in Insurance
    • CII Certificate in London markets insurance
  • Training will be delivered remotely by the provider.
  • You will work 80% of your working week with the other 20% dedicated to study but there may be occasions where you are required to complete some studies in your own time.

What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship

After this apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to continue your learning in this manner and become a permanent member of the team, dealing with your own book of clients.


Requirements and prospects

Desired skills and personal qualities

Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative

Qualifications

GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade Any) Desired

Things to consider

The office is not well supported by public transport therefore a driving licence will be advantageous.

About the employer

At Actus we specialise in providing integrated insurance and risk management solutions to businesses across a variety of industries. Our clients vary from small owner-managed businesses to national multi-site companies with 100 + employees. From our base in South Yorkshire we are well placed to deal with companies around the North of England, although we also deal with companies across the length and breadth of the UK. We concentrate primarily on the characteristics of the businesses and the people within them, rather than focusing on a particular trade sector. This allows us to deal with businesses across a broad spectrum of industry.

Employer

ACTUS RISK MANAGEMENT SERVIC

Address

Office 3B, Harry Brearley House

Fox Valley Way, Stocksbridge

Sheffield

S36 2AE

Contact

Karen Leeder

karenleeder@actusinsurance.co.uk

0114 3984498

You must have JavaScript enabled to view a map of the location


Training

Training provider

DAVIES LEARNING SOLUTIONS LIMITED

Adjustments for experience

You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:

  • training
  • qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
  • industry or sector experience

Apprenticeship standard

Insurance practitioner

Level 3 (A level)

Demonstrating experience

If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.

You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications


Before you apply

Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.