Print Operative Apprentice WHITEHALL PRINTING CO (AVON) LTD
Craft your future in print! An excellent opportunity to begin your apprenticeship journey and join our award-winning company. Gain valuable skills in a supportive environment, mastering machinery operation and traditional finishing techniques. Learn from a friendly team of experienced professionals upholding the highest standards of craftmanship.
Closing date: 15 Mar 2024
£250 per week.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
25 Mar 2024
09 Feb 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
A Day in the Life:
- Morning: Commence the day assisting experienced printers in preparing printing jobs. This entails activities such as accurately mixing inks, meticulously verifying paper stock, and diligently aiding in the setup of folding machines
- Mid-morning: Practical training of operating digital presses, practicing on guillotines and creasing machinery, and acquiring proficiency in the precise trimming and cutting of paper
- Afternoon: Immerse yourself in the essential process of platemaking, comprehending the transformation of pre-press preparation into printed perfection
- Late afternoon: With meticulous care, undertake the packing of completed jobs, guaranteeing the secure and pristine arrival of each printed piece
- Skillful Growth: Acquire profound knowledge in the fields of digital, litho, and large format printing, developing into a well-rounded and competent print professional
- Bindery Mastery: Become adept in the operation of bindery equipment, including perfect binders and wire-o-binders, adding professional finishing touches to every project
- Laminating Expertise: Develop the aptitude for setting up and running laminating machines, safeguarding prints and enhancing their visual impact
- Continuous Learning: Embrace the dynamic nature of the printing industry and be prepared to continuously expand your skillset and tackle new challenges with dedication and enthusiasm
This apprenticeship presents a unique opportunity to embark upon a rewarding career in a time-honoured industry that embraces constant innovation. Prepare to contribute meaningfully to the printing process, cultivate meticulous workmanship, and establish yourself as a valued member of a skilled and experienced team.
The training you will be getting
Level Up Your Skills with On-Site Training
This apprenticeship isn't just about hands-on experience; it's about setting yourself up for success in the printing industry.
Upon completion, you'll earn a Level 2 Print Industry Apprenticeship, recognised by the UK government and opening doors to further career advancement. Think of it as your passport to a skilled and rewarding future.
Functional Skills in English and maths if required.
But how do you get there?
Your journey unfolds right here at our bustling factory in Barton Hill, Central Bristol. Dive deep into the world of printing without ever leaving the heart of the action. It's an on-site, hands-on experience, where you'll learn from seasoned professionals and master your craft alongside real-world production.
Imagine yourself becoming an integral part of our vibrant team, soaking up knowledge directly from experienced printers. Each day will be a chance to refine your skills, tackle new challenges, and witness the magic of print come to life before your eyes.
This apprenticeship follows a dedicated training schedule, seamlessly integrating theoretical knowledge with practical application. A quiet space will be provided for study and check-in sessions with your mentor.
Successful apprentices often move on to full-time salaried roles within our business.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Completing this apprenticeship is just the beginning of your exciting journey into the world of print.
Whitehall offers a diverse range of pathways, allowing you to explore your talents and carve your own path to success. Here are some of the areas you could pursue a career in:
- Become a Digital Press Maestro: Step into our vibrant studio and master the art of operating cutting-edge digital presses. Witness the speed and precision of these modern marvels as you bring vibrant brochures, flyers, and postcards to life
- Conquer the World of Large Format: Go big and bold! Our large format machinery awaits, empowering you to create stunning signage and captivating exhibition graphics that will leave a lasting impression
- Craft Masterpieces on Litho Presses: Delve into the world of traditional craftsmanship, learning to operate our powerful litho presses. Breathe life into high-quality books, magazines, and journals, leaving your mark on every page
- The Finishing Touch (Bindery Artistry): Let your precision shine in our bustling bindery! Master the art of perfect book binding and wire-o-binding, adding the final finishes that transform printed pieces into polished masterpieces, ready for the world
- Direct Mail: In our dynamic direct mail facility, you'll become an expert in addressing and mailing printed materials with accuracy and efficiency
This is just a taste of the possibilities that await. Within our walls, you'll have the freedom to explore, discover your strengths, and carve a unique path to success.
So, why choose this apprenticeship? It's not just about mastering a skill; it's about opening doors to a diverse and rewarding career, all under one roof.
Take the first step today and join us on this exciting journey!
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.