This apprenticeship would suit someone who has been working or would like to start working in installing and maintaining refrigeration equipment. The successful apprentice will work alongside our qualified refrigeration engineer servicing, testing and maintaining our refrigeration hire equipment.
Closing date: 01 Apr 2024
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 May 2024
08 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
This apprenticeship would suit someone who has been working or would like to start working in installing and maintaining refrigeration equipment.
The successful applicant will work alongside our qualified refrigeration engineer servicing, testing and maintaining our refrigeration hire equipment. We have a comprehensive range of refrigeration hire equipment which ranges from undercounter bar units, display refrigeration to blast chillers and walk in cold rooms.
Duties will include:
- Servicing & maintaining our refrigeration hire equipment including walk-in cold rooms, upright fridges & freezers, display refrigeration and blast chillers
- Identifying and repairing faults in refrigeration hire equipment.
- Follow safe manual handling processes when moving refrigeration equipment
- Store refrigeration equipment safely and in the correct location.
- Work as part of the wider maintenance team providing assistance to qualified engineers when required
The training you will be getting
- Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- This apprenticeship is designed to meet the professional standards of the Engineering Council for registration as an Engineering Technician (EngTech) in partnership with the Institute of Refrigeration and CIBSE
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Continuation from an apprentice to a fully qualified Refrigeration Engineer
- Potential for the right candidate to gain qualifications in maintaining Commercial Gas Catering Equipment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Refrigeration air conditioning and heat pump engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.