Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship (August 2024) PUFFINS OF EXETER LTD
We are looking for a Early Years Practitioner Apprentice to help provide high-quality childcare. We are a family ran business of 5 nurseries, open from Monday- Friday, 7.30am until 6pm. You will receive benefits including, free uniform, free breakfast, discounts for high street and online brands, opportunities for career growth and development.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2024
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Sep 2024
05 Feb 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Puffins of Exeter ethos is simple we put the care and education of children at the heart of everything we do.
During this apprenticeship you will learn how to meet the requirements set by the government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and outdoor environments. Your role and responsibilities will be set by Puffins of Exeter and will include:
- Support practitioners and educators in the setting to carry out their roles
- Care for children from ages 0-5 years old
- Work as apart of a team and support in carrying out activities, games and stories for all ages
- Support in creating a stimulating environment for children across all ages
- Adhere to policies and procedures, complete relevant paperwork and children observations
- Develop your skills both on and off the job with support in the work placement.
The training you will be getting
- Early years practitioner (Level 2) apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- 3 days a week at placement in one of our nurseries
- 1 day a week at our training centre.
- We have 5 locations in and around Exeter: EX1 2PD, EX2 4NP, EX1 1NT, EX2 7FB, EX2 7EY.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible role within the company after competition, progression onto the next level apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C / 4-9) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH WEST ASSOCIATION OF TRAINING PROVIDERS LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.