Teaching Assistant Apprentice (Longfield Academy) Longfield Academy
We are looking to appoint two enthusiastic, caring, and hard-working teaching assistant apprentices to join our team. This will involve interacting with parents, visitors, pupils, and supporting general duties relevant to the role. Your key role will be to provide support to Teachers and qualified Teaching Assistants in classes across the school.
Closing date: 22 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Apr 2024
05 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Main duties/responsibilities, include but are not restricted to:
- Establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with pupils, acting as a role model, and setting high expectations
- Raise pupil achievement by supporting the class teacher to develop outstanding practice
- Work with individual and groups of children to encourage them to achieve greater independence and self-confidence
- Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies and help keep pupils on task
- Interact with, and support pupils, according to individual needs and skills
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
- Support the implementation of Education, Health and Care Plans, Student Support Plans and Care Plans
- To assist with escorting pupils on educational visits
- Attend relevant training and take responsibility for own development
- To respect confidentiality at all times
The training you will be getting
You will be working alongside experienced colleagues and upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, will obtain:
- Level 3 Teaching Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English (if required)
Training will take place periodically at our training centre (DL1 5AJ). Here you will learn the theory and practical elements of the course, gaining the knowledge and developing skills to complete the apprenticeship.
While here you will develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to ensure these exceed the minimum requirements for the Teaching Assistant Level 3 apprenticeship standards.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to progression on to further training or into full time employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4+ (C+)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.