Apprentice Early Years Educator - ABC Wonderland - IP3 9FG ABC WONDERLAND LTD
Are you looking for a career in childcare? ABC Wonderland IP3 9FG are recruiting! Ideally you will already hold a level 2 EYP. You will be ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health and welfare needs of the children are always met. During the apprenticeship you will complete an Early Years Educator level 3.
Closing date: 03 Mar 2024
Wage is subject to negotiation based on experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
04 Mar 2024
05 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members.
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- To follow the nursery safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent evening, fundraising events etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Duty Manager has initialled the report before parents receives it.
- Look upon the nursery, as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised? Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children.
- Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects the child.
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification.
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required).
- End-Point Assessment (EPA).
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
- Apprentices must successfully complete the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF).
- Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Can expect to move onto continued employment after apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade (Grade C or 4+)) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years Practitioner (Grade (Grade 2)) Desired
About the employer
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
01709 886 821
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.