Interested in becoming a Travel Consultant? Polka Dot Travel are seeking an Apprentice to join their award-winning team. This exciting opportunity allows you to earn whilst you learn, working alongside travel industry leaders in a vibrant friendly environment. You will be handling holiday enquiries, face to face, over the phone and email.
Closing date: 03 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
10 Mar 2024
02 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
This apprenticeship opportunity will allow you to have first-hand experience in a busy award-winning travel agency surrounded by travel professionals.
Supported by senior team members you will:
- Meet and greet new and existing customers in store, providing a professional warm welcome
- Handling holiday enquiries, face to face, over the phone and email
- Training and development - this may also include exciting opportunities to attend industry events in the UK and overseas.
Research and explore holiday enquiries using online platforms, reservation agents and email
- Booking clients holidays, providing first class service end to end using learnt top class selling skills
- Administration in all areas relating to travel
- Providing excellent customer service
- Working towards store targets and individual targets set out
The training you will be getting
- This apprenticeship forms part of a formal qualification, on successful completion you will achieve a level 3 Travel Consultant qualification that will be added to your digital achievement record
- Working with our chosen training provider you will be assigned a specialist Travel Assessor who will be working closely with you throughout your apprenticeship to ensure you have a robust, enjoyable, and enriching journey
- Training will be carried out onlineface to face, both individually and as part of a classroom, to ensure you have an enhanced experience
- You will be assigned 6 hours a week in the workplace to spend towards your qualification with full support from your manager and assessor
- Learning first hand from training specialists and peers you can become a fully-fledged Travel Consultant in little over a 12-month period
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- On successful completion of the Travel Consultant Level 3 apprenticeship, you may be offered the opportunity to complete a further qualification that will enhance your skill set, Sales Executive Level 4. Next steps will be discussed in your 1-2-1's
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
A S TRAINING (INTERNATIONAL) LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
A S Training International
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.