Northern Skills are recruiting on behalf of Middlesbrough College. Middlesbrough College are looking for a hardworking, friendly person to join their busy team. The successful candidate will gain level 2 Hospitality Team Member.To assist as guided in the preparation, cooking, delivery, and presentation of all meals for service.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
02 Feb 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- To assist as guided in the preparation, cooking, delivery, and presentation of all meals for service, at the required times and to the required standards as detailed by the tariffs and menus displayed.
- To assist as guided / instructed that you adhere to the quantity and portion specifications at all times.
- To assist as guided / instructed in maintaining the service display area to the required stock and presentation specification.
- To assist as guided / instructed in ensuring the cleanliness of the counter, service area, tables and floor area are maintained to a satisfactory standard before, throughout and after service.
- To assist as guided / instructed in ensuring that all tasks achieve the businesses statutory responsibility to ensure that all food stuffs are protected from contamination by biological, physical, or chemical means from goods into goods out, to include all requirements for control of specified allergens listed under the current Food Allergen Legislation; and that all required tasks note on the paperwork linked to this process is completed daily.
- To assist in the control of stock processes, ensuring that all stock is rotated on a first in, first out basis and store as appropriate for each given item.
- To ensure full awareness of all product prices as stated on the tariffs and menus; and to process each sale accurately through the college cash system.
- To assist in the organisation of special / theme days, participating and playing an active role in ensuring their success.
- To communicate effectively and appropriately with all staff, learners and external customers throughout the college, especially those in Catering Services, to ensure that tasks are coordinated and implemented in an effective and efficient way.
- To actively show a commitment to the Departmental Strategic Objectives.
- To show an active commitment to the College's Equality and Diversity Policy, Quality Frameworks and Health & Safety Procedures.
- To actively participate in Continuous Professional Development including the introduction of new technologies to allow you to contribute effectively to the success of the College.
- To carry out such other appropriate duties commensurate with your skills, knowledge and experience.
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member
- Day release one day per week
- Middlesbrough College
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.