Triton Power are looking for an Apprentice IT Technician to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for those interested in a career in the power industry. Candidates will learn all aspects of IT support in a leading UK power plant, gaining an Advanced Apprenticeship qualification, and the prospect to progress to a full-time role.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2024
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Apr 2024
02 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Triton Power are looking for an IT apprentice to train for a career in the power industry.
As an apprentice you will study towards an NVQ Level 3 qualification, covering IT technical skills training and academic learning while earning a wage and gaining valuable work experience.
Based at Saltend Power Station in Hull, East Yorkshire you will be working alongside a mentor and assisting the IT team with support and maintenance of a multi-million-pound production facility to supply process steam and power to the adjacent chemicals park, and electrical power to the UK electricity market.
You will work with an experienced IT team and be involved in a wide range of activities which will give you access to develop knowledge of multiple IT issues in a wide and varied role, whilst receiving personal support and supervision.
Main duties and responsibilities include;
- Network infrastructure.
- End user support.
- Software and hardware deployment.
- IT security.
- IT system upgrades and troubleshooting.
The IT Apprenticeship will lead to a professional qualification through a combination of work-based learning and assessment and online classroom training. For the duration of the apprenticeship you will learn the core skills and knowledge relevant for an IT support role in industry.
Once you have applied for this vacancy AEA will contact you to organise an interview, if your application meets the required criteria. We will contact you using the details you provide us with in your application and would ask if you would regularly check and reply asap so that you do not miss this opportunity.
The training you will be getting
The apprenticeship programme will be delivered remotely and in the workplace. Together with theory sessions delivered by the training provider on-line, the apprentice will undertake tasks/roles within the workplace to demonstrate skills, knowledge, and behaviours. This will be supported by an experienced mentor/supervisor/line manager.
You will also be supported by a dedicated learning coach/assessor who will guide and mentor you throughout your apprenticeship.
You will undertake the Level 3 ICT Support Technician programme, this consists of –
- Provide technical support to customers both internal and external through a range of communication channels.
- Establish and diagnose IT problems/faults using the required troubleshooting methodology and tools.
- Interpret technical specifications relevant to IT tasks.
- Apply appropriate security policies to IT tasks in line with organisational requirements.
- Undertake the relevant processes with relevant tools and technologies to resolve IT technical issues.
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders, talking them through steps to take to resolve issues or set up systems, keeping them informed of progress and managing escalation and expectations.
- Apply appropriate testing methodologies to hardware or software or cabling assets.
- Practice guided continuous self-learning to keep up to date with technological developments to enhance relevant skills and take responsibility for own professional development.
- Document or escalate IT tasks as appropriate to ensure clear audit trail and progression of issues.
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate for example – mobile apps, printers, projectors, scanners and cameras.
- Address IT issues by prioritising response.
- Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets.
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications.
Successful achievement of the end-point assessment will lead to final certification of the apprenticeship.
Added value includes the potential to apply to be on the Registration for IT Technicians (RITTech), CompTIA A+ certification, BSC Student membership.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Triton Power has a strong track record of developing and promoting apprentices within their business, providing great career opportunities for trainees to become valued members of the team.
At the end of the programme, you will be trained to become an IT Technician in the power industry, with real prospects of a permanent role with the Company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
TIRO TRAINING LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.