CCT Worldwide are looking for 2 apprentices to join the Ocean Freight Team. You will undertake the nationally recognised International Freight Forwarder Apprenticeship. You will keep internal team members informed of customer shipments via internal online systems & manage all shipping documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
Closing date: 06 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
01 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Due to the rapid growth of our Kent based office over the last 24 months we are now looking for 2 enthusiastic and ambitious apprentices to join the Ocean Freight Customer Service team in Rochester.
Alongside internal on-the-job training you will undertake the nationally recognised International Freight Forwarder Apprenticeship that will support you in gaining the required knowledge & skills to develop a successful career pathway in this fast-moving sector.
Reporting directly to the Ocean Freight manager this role will be varied and tasks will include:
- Responding to customer enquiries via telephone, email and occasionally face-to-face
- Ensuring customer records are accurate and kept up-to-date at all times
- Handling customer and overseas partner incoming enquiries
- Learn and understand all aspects of import/export freight forwarding requirements
- Learn and understand all aspects of freight customs requirements.
- Monitor and track all shipments and keep customer informed at all times of shipments
- Keep internal team members informed of customer shipments with timely updates via internal online systems
- Manage all shipping documentation accurately and in a timely manner
- Liaise with our overseas offices in Asia to support processing of new transport bookings from UK based customers
- Support team colleagues as and when required
The training you will be getting
- International Freight Forwarding Specialist Level 3 - Ocean Freight Pathway
- On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
- On the job training delivered by the employer
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement the apprenticeships English and mathematics minimum requirement is Entry Level 3
- Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop
- Identify, track and support 6 hours off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings, identifying learning achievements and next steps
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
For the right candidates that prove themselves during the apprenticeship there will be opportunities to develop a successful career within CCT Worldwide.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade A - E/Pass Grade) Essential
About the employer
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.