Become a valued member of our team as a Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice! This exciting opportunity offers hands-on experience in childcare, combined with structured learning towards a recognised qualification. Don't miss your chance to kick-start your career in early education. Apply today!
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Apr 2024
01 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Collaborate with senior staff to plan and implement engaging and age-appropriate activities
- Support children's learning and development through interactive play and educational experiences
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, and stimulating environment for children
- Observe and record children's progress, behaviours, and milestones
- Work with colleagues to create and implement individualised learning plans for each child
- Provide support with personal care tasks, including feeding, toileting, and dressing
- Foster positive relationships with children, colleagues, and parents/carers through effective communication
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge
- Adhere to safeguarding policies and procedures to ensure the well-being and safety of all children
- Contribute to the overall welfare and development of children by actively engaging in their growth and learning journey
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Standard
- Level 3 Paediatric First Aid or Emergency First Aid
- A bespoke programme of technical and vocational training
- Functional skills in Maths and English*if applicable
The successful candidate will be assigned a dedicated work based trainer who will provide support and guidance throughout the course. This Apprenticeship is delivered wholly in the workplace, the successful candidate will not need to attend any weekly sessions at the Grimsby Institute unless Maths or English is required as part of the Apprenticeship
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Possible permanent contract upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship and further enhanced industry based training.
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Ready Teddy Go
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Grimsby Institute Apprenticeship Team
0800 012 6656
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.