Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprentice Aspley Guise Village School
Mornings and afternoons are spent in class- working to support the teacher with either individuals or small groups of pupils. There is some commitment to working with pupils at lunchtime, developing their manners and good eating habits as well as supporting the development of play at lunchtimes.
Closing date: 03 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
18 Mar 2024
01 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- In conjunction with the classroom teacher, adapt lessons to meet the needs of individual children and small groups.
- Take responsibility for delivering learning activities with individuals or small groups who would benefit from a different learning approach as agreed.
- Establish and maintain supportive relationships with individual pupils, small groups and parents/carers to ensure they understand and can achieve the tasks.
- Provide learning support to children with significant needs.
The training you will be getting
- Support to achieve knowledge, skills and behaviours as laid out in the apprenticeship standard
- Support from an experienced assessor to assess work and practice
- Individual learning programme tailored to own needs
- E-learning, training and monthly tutorials specific to your apprenticeship
- Mentor and support in the workplace
- A minimum of 6 hours per week during paid time to be used for learning and development opportunities
- English and maths Functional Skills at Level 2 (if required)
- Support to achieve End Point Assessment
- At the end of the apprenticeship, you will obtain the Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
By the end of your placement, you will have sufficient training, skills and experience to be appointed as a Teaching Assistant at either our school ((ideally) but dependent on staffing) or another school.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CENTRAL BEDFORDSHIRE COUNCIL
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.