The apprentice’s primary role is to provide excellent customer service and support to internal and external customers, by using tools or systems to problem solve and trouble-shoot routine and non-routine IT related problems. Required to monitor and maintain systems and/or platforms to maximise productivity and user experience.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2024
Annual pay reviews. Employer provides a high-quality, work-based training programme which has won awards. Company contribution pension at 21 years old (you can opt in at 18 years old) Career development training.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Apr 2024
02 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
You will start off with simpler tasks, such as basic support calls for example troubleshooting issues with laptops, monitors, printers etc. But as time goes by, will undertake more complex tasks and will be set independent work to complete, which will be checked by senior staff.
- Answering the telephone, responding to emails and updating requests.
- Provide first line analysis of all IT issues and ensure that SLA’s are met.
- Keep customers informed of the status and progress of tasks and update tickets.
- Complete other service-related tasks as required by your manager.
- Attend all learning events and complete all apprenticeship assignments to a good standard, and on-time.
The training you will be getting
- This is a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship (Support Technician Pathway)
- Training will be online/onsite and is based on a day a week
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence
- Potential for full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C or 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT/Computing (Grade Grade C or 4) Desired
About the employer
ISALES ACADEMY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.