This is a varied role within a growing company for an Apprentice Administrator, dealing with basic administration duties and daily tasks. We require someone with good basic knowledge and skills in Microsoft office packages including databases, word and excel. You will be working towards a Level 3 Business Admin qualification.
Closing date: 26 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
18 Mar 2024
01 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Word processing
- Answering incoming calls
- Data inputting
- Assisting with filing
- Archiving and maintaining customer records
- More responsibility will come with time and training
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the manager which are relevant to your role within the company to meet the overall business needs.
The training you will be getting
As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will complete the following qualifications as part of your Apprenticeship:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English if not already achieved
- You will also develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to work within an office environment
- This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working time will be dedicated towards training and learning new skills
- You will be allocated a tutor who will provide you with personal support and assessment at pre-arranged times
- Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions
- All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon completion of a 15 month apprenticeship, the role will be reviewed for a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
C.M.S. VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.