Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant - Customer Service Representative Peterlee Pharmacy
If you have an interest in pharmacy, this could be a great place to start your career. Working in a busy town centre pharmacy / dispensary you will liaise with customers on a daily basis both face to face, and over the phone.
Closing date: 11 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
18 Mar 2024
02 Feb 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Working in a busy town centre pharmacy / dispensary you will liaise with customers on a daily basis both face to face, and over the phone. Daily duties will include;
- Serving customers at the pharmacy counter both dealing with prescriptions and over the counter medicines.
- Deliver dispensing activities accurately and safely.
- Dealing with customer enquiries over the phone and email.
- Handling prescriptions and medication safely.
- Dealing with payments.
- Providing outstanding customer care.
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possibility of permanent employment and going on to complete further qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C and above) Desired
About the employer
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.