Hairdressing Apprentice Heads Above Hair and Beauty salon
Heads Above a busy salon in Haslingden are looking to recruit a new Hair Professional Lv2 apprentice for the salon with the potential for a permanent position for the right candidate.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
03 Mar 2024
06 Feb 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
We are a friendly salon that welcomes clients of all ages. Our hairdressing team stay up-to-date on the latest trends and techniques and only use high-end styling tools and products.
We are proud to have trained numerous stylists in that time and have received awards for apprenticeship training as a result.
Main duties to include:
· Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
· Working on the reception desk and booking client appointments
· Keeping the salon clean and tidy
· Offering clients refreshments
· After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role. This will become more complex as your skills develop:
· Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
· Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
· Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
· Option to specialise in one additional route including perming hair, hair relaxing treatments.
The training you will be getting
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will acheive a Level 2 Hair Professional Standard (Apprenticeship)
You will spend 4 days per week in the salon in Haslingden and one day at Accrington and Rossendale College.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There is the opportunity to progress onto higher level qualifications and/or secure a permanent full-time job for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
Heads Above Hair and Beauty salon
NELSON AND COLNE COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.