Star Refrigeration - Industrial Refrigeration Engineering Apprenticeship STAR REFRIGERATION LIMITED
Apprentices will combine academic learning with on-site work based learning from our experienced engineering teams. The apprenticeships last between 3 and 4 years and successful apprentices will be offered permanent employment as Refrigeration Engineers with progression opportunities through our engineer grading system.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Salary increases in 6 monthly increments throughout the apprenticeship, reaching £28,720 upon graduation. Industry leading benefits package.
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
01 Jun 2024
31 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Service, maintenance and installation of heavy-duty heating and cooling systems and components.
- Health and Safety and environmental legislation and working practices
- Fault diagnosis and rectification through root cause analysis
- Safe handling of refrigerants (including ammonia and CO2)
- Electrical systems
- Communication and customer care
The training you will be getting
- The qualification you will receive is Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician (Plant Operative) Level 3
- You'll be assigned a personal mentor and start by shadowing our experienced engineers on site, gaining hands on experience and expanding your skill set from day one
- You'll study in day or block release periods at college alongside apprentices from other industries and companies
- Apprentices must achieve level 2 English and mathematics prior to taking the end-point assessment for the apprenticeship if they haven’t achieved them on entry
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There are progression opportunities through our engineering grading system on completion of the apprenticeship, there is also further education opportunities and scope for development into other areas of the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science subject (Grade 4-9) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Technical subject (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SUNDERLAND ENGINEERING TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.