Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Apprentice CRONITE CASTINGS LIMITED
Do you want to be part of local history & an international business? Do you want to join a team who is the world’s leading designer & manufacture of heat treatment fixtures & furnace spare parts? You will work across the site learning how to install, test, fault find and the on-going planned maintenance of complex equipment.
Closing date: 05 Apr 2024
The apprentice will qualify for the profit sharing bonus scheme and Company Sick Pay after 6months. There is free on site parking and pension schemes available. On the completion of the first year, wage will be age dependant.
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
02 Sep 2024
31 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
We’re looking for a driven individual who wants to kick-start their career as a Maintenance Engineer within the manufacturing industry. You will ensure that plant and equipment perform to the required standard to facilitate production targets regarding safety, quality, delivery and cost within high value manufacturing environments.
Duties will include:
- Read and interpret relevant data and documentation used to maintain components, equipment and systems
- Maintain fluid and pneumatic power equipment
- Ensure you adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Working to given time scales
- Work alongside skilled engineers who will provide you with the knowledge needed to become fully trained
- You will also be expected to respond quickly to changing demands throughout your working day
The training you will be getting
The apprenticeship training is delivered through a combination of workplace learning and regular college attendance. This training will teach you the knowledge, skills, and behaviours set out in the Mechatronics Maintenance Technician standard.
On completion the apprentice will receive:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Functional Skills in maths and English may also be required depending on current level
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Following the successful completion of this apprenticeship, Cronite guarantees you a future career. We have internal development opportunities either in the UK or one of our other manufacturing sites in Asia or Europe.
Our international team of designers, metallurgists and engineers based around the world is permanently focused on optimizing our customer solutions. All our sites work in collaboration as part of a multidisciplinary process involving both our technical and marketing teams to ensure the same design features and levels of quality in Europe, America and Asia, and that our products meet all customer specifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.