We are looking for a Dispensary Apprentice who will provide a professional and friendly service to patients and deal with queries in a courteous and efficient way. You will assist in the issuing of prescribed medications and help with stock control, ordering and re-stocking of the dispensary
Closing date: 28 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
29 Feb 2024
31 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- What will the apprentice be doing?
- Handing our prescriptions to patients, checking exemptions or taking payments.
- Helping with stock deliveries and putting stock away
- Assisting with preparation of prescriptions for dispensers
- Dealing with enquiries from patients, doctors and other agencies in person, over the telephone or through email
- Date checking and keeping shelves tidy
- General administrative tasks
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Pharmacy Assistant apprenticeship
- General Pharmaceutical Council
- Functional Skills maths and English Level 1 and/or Level 2, as appropriate
- Training will take place at the workplace - no need to travel to a college
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- A possible permanent role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.