Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprentice RICHTOY MOTORSPORTS LTD
Richtoy Motorsport Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic Bodyshop apprentice to complete the Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain knowledge, skills, and experience! You will be working on a variety of vehicles on a one-to-one basis with the Bodyshop Manager.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Mar 2024
31 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Duties will include:
- Ability to undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair e.g., substrate surface preparation, paint volume calculation etc.
- Ability to correctly identify the substrate materials to be refinished e.g., plastic, steel, aluminium etc.
- Ability to interpret relevant technical data and methods to create paint manufacturer specified applications.
- Ability to use refinishing materials following paint manufacturer specifications to reinstate vehicle finish back to high quality
- Ability to identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process e.g. mixing systems, paint booths, UV lamps and spray equipment.
The training you will be getting
- Training will be at North Lindsey College where you will access a wide range of facilities on offer.
- Day release
- You will undertake Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Level 3 standard.
- Vehicle Damage Paint / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
- You will undertake Functional Skills for English and/or Maths if needed.
- You will undertake both on and off-the-job job training by a team of industry-qualified professionals to give you the best skills, knowledge, and experience.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a higher-level apprenticeship or full-time employment for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.