We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person to join our team as an apprentice dental nurse. The role will include chairside support when treating patients, supporting patients during treatment and other relevant duties around the practice.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2024
£21,175 to £21,674 a year depending on age and increasing in line with the National living wage. There is an annual discretionary bonus scheme up to a 13 month salary.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Apr 2024
31 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join us as an apprentice Dental Nurse undergoing training with Yeovil College and leading to registration with the General Dental Council.
A dental nursing role includes:
- Providing chairside support for dentists and dental hygienists in treating patients
- Providing support to patients undergoing treatment
- Undertaking disinfection and decontamination of the dental surgery environment, instruments and equipment
- Working in a team with other dental nurses and practice staff to ensure smooth running of the surgery
- Facilitating the booking of appointments either within surgeries or by liaison with receptionists
- Covering reception duties where this might be necessary
- Engaging in team training and development
TRUST Dental is a rapidly expanding dental practice offering the full range of treatments from dental implants to Invisalign and the successful apprentice will have comprehensive training in all the disciplines of dentistry to a high level, as well as using the latest digital technology.
Visiting our website will allow you an insight of what we are about.
The training you will be getting
Dental nurse (integrated) - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
1 day a week - Yeovil College attendance.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Registration as a Dental Nurse with the General Dental Council (GDC)
Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade A*-C or 9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.