Accounts Assistant Apprentice PARAGON TRAFFIC MANAGMENT LTD
Paragon provide a client-centric traffic management service with strong sector experience and have seen the team grow to over 60 members of staff, 2 depots and head offices in North Lincolnshire. They are now looking to recruit a customer service/administrative apprentice to work with the Projects Manager.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
07 Apr 2024
31 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
· Responsible for ensuring that correct purchase orders are available on company CRM system and for requesting these from the projects team when applicable.
· Responsible for creating invoices for works completed and ensuring that they are added to the accounting software correctly and in a timely manner.
· Responsible for Raising Purchase orders in line with company purchasing requirements.
· Responsible for raising credit notes where applicable and ensuring these are noted on accounting software.
· Responsible for applying remittances where applicable to accounting software.
· Responsible for adding invoices to accounting software and for making payment of invoices.
· Responsible for ensuring that the company Debt Board and Daily Figures records are kept up to date and that daily reports are sent to the Senior Management Team.
· Responsible for receiving and dealing with time sheets from operational staff.
· Responsible for checking, payment and receipting of expenses received from staff members.
· Responsible for dealing with any Fines/PCN or FPN’s as per company requirements.
· Responsible for assisting with any other admin duties as requested/applicable.
The training you will be getting
Level 2 Assistant Accountant:
· One to one Tutor Assessor support in the workplace working towards Assistant Accountant Level 2 (AAT Level 2 qualification is included in this Standard)
· Attending weekly classes covering Health and Safety and Equality and diversity
· Functional Skills if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Excellent prospects for the right candidate, with the possibility to progress onto level 3.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
PARAGON TRAFFIC MANAGMENT LTD
MCARTHUR DEAN TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.