Building Services Quantity Surveying Apprenticeship - Level 3 MAINTENANCE AND CONTRACTING SERVICES LTD
In our Quantity Surveyor (QS) apprenticeship, you'll learn all about managing costs and budgeting for the mechanical and electrical elements of fit out construction projects. You'll dive into understanding project drawings, measuring things accurately, and figuring out costs and budgets.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Jul 2024
31 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
At MCS Ltd, we are looking to take on a Building Services Quantity Surveying Apprentice based in our office in London.
Although you will be undertaking the building services technician course, your day-to-day role will be within the team of quantity surveyors who look after the commercial aspect of the business.
As an apprentice, your day-to-day tasks will vary, as we’ll expose you to all aspects of our work so you can discover what suits you. Below is a list of activities you will be asked to undertake:
- Review and organise project documents
- Assist in measuring quantities from drawings
- Contribute to cost estimation and budgeting
- Support in the tendering process and bid analysis
- Monitor and report on project costs and variations
- Assist in contract administration
- Conduct site visits and collaborate with on-site teams
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Stay updated on industry trends and regulations
- Use software for reporting
- Collaborate with team members
- Document variations to project scope
- Seek continuous learning and professional development
The training you will be getting
- Building Services Engineering Technician - Level 3 apprenticeship
- On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Once your apprenticeship has been completed you will have the opportunity to work within any of the departments you worked alongside as well as having the ability to undertake further training within with organisation.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent All Subjects (Grade Grade C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH BANK COLLEGES
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Building services engineering technician 2022
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.