Apprenticeship High Hopes-Early Years Level 2 Fantastic Opportunity High Hopes at Longview
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a candidate to join High Hope nursery based in Huyton. We are looking for someone to join our nursery to support the children with their care and education. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 2 qualification.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
02 Mar 2024
30 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- To work as part of a highly motivated team dedicated to providing a high standard of holistic care and development for all children attending the setting
- To gain a good knowledge of the policies and procedures within the nursery for such events as illness, accidents, safeguarding children and health and safety etc. Working within current guidelines and legislation regarding the care and education of young children
- To work towards gaining a standard required under the Level 2 Child Care qualification held
- To ensure that practice within the area of responsibility is consistent with the standards laid down in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- To liaise and engage with parents who access the nursery, to provide advice and support and answer questions in line with the settings Key Person role
- To develop personal skills and practice within the EYFS framework and standards and undertake any professional development as identified during performance monitoring at staff supervisions
- To take an active role in the day to day planning, observations and assessments of children within the environment, tailoring to each individuals needs and interests in line with the EYFS, with support from qualified staff
- To record information regarding children’s development and day accurately in line with policies and procedures i.e. completing nappy / sleep charts, medication forms, daily diaries etc.
- To maintain professional partnerships with outside agencies to ensure the welfare of individual children is met
The training you will be getting
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner standard
- Paediatric first aid qualification
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification
- Training location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- A full-time position is available upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
JUNIPER TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.