Commis Chef Apprenticeship - The Noel Arms Hotel INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated chef apprentices to join an enthusiastic and dedicated kitchen team at this iconic Cotswold hotel in Chipping Campden. The successful candidates will have a wonderful opportunity to receive guidance and training from Chef Robert Marshall in a supportive and positive working environment.
Closing date: 05 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
06 Mar 2024
01 Feb 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
As a member of the kitchen team to assist in the running of the Kitchen department or section on a day-to-day basis which will necessitate the delivery of consistent food products in-line with agreed recipes and standards of all menu items.
To undertake food preparation and cooking of items as directed by the Chef / Sous Chef.
1) To carry out food preparations according to the standards set out by the Chef / Sous Chef and following the recipes in his/her sections recipe folder and taught by practical demonstrations on his/her section.
2) To learn and understand the items on the daily mise en place sheets in the section and the different menus that it covers, i.e. A la Carte, Du Jour, Daily Special, Conference Menus, Private Rooms and Room Service.
3) To follow his/her Chef de Partie’s instructions, observing the rules set by the Hotel and/or by law regarding hygiene, stock rotation, dating and storage, temperature control of refrigerators, pest control, reporting of faulty equipment, reporting of notifiable diseases and notification to the hotel if he/she cannot attend work for whatever reason.
4) To keep his/her training record book up to date and have the different sections in it signed regularly by his/her Chef de Partie and Sous Chef.
5) To attend regular demonstrations of existing or new dishes conducted by his/her Chef de Partie or a Sous Chef or another member of his/her section.
6) Must help to prevent waste of food of any kind and over-production of mis-en-place, help to minimise the consumption of gas, electricity and water.
7) To undertake some cleaning duties of kitchen equipment, facilities and other items as directed by the Sous Chef.
8) To comply with all Hotel and Company policies and procedures.
9) To comply with statutory requirements regarding the work place such as employment law, health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention etc.
10) To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Chef, for your own development.
11) To carry out any other reasonable duty to assist in the smooth running of the kitchen.
Inspire ATA Ltd is acting as an Flexi-Job Apprenticeship Agency and will engage you for the duration of the apprenticeship and pay your salary. You should be aware that The Noel Arms Hotel is a host employer and you will not be employed by them. Your placement may change during the course of your apprenticeship.
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard qualification
- Functional skills maths and English if required
- To attend training courses, learning events for his/her further training and development
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
Potential for full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths or Functional Skills Level 2 (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
HIT TRAINING LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.