Building Services Engineering Apprenticeship - Level 3 MAINTENANCE AND CONTRACTING SERVICES LTD
At MCS Ltd, we are looking to take on two building services engineering apprentices based in our office in London. With one specialising in mechanical and one in electrical, the apprentices will be able carousel around all departments to give a well-rounded view of the business and opportunities available to further their career.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Jul 2024
30 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
At MCS Ltd, we are looking to take on two building services engineering apprentices based in our office in London. Both of the chosen candidates will be working across multiple departments including:
- Health and safety
We are looking for one candidate to specialise in electrical and one to specialise in mechanical but both will spend time in the above departments.
As an apprentice, your day-to-day tasks will vary, as we’ll expose you to all aspects of our work so you can discover what suits you. An example of activities you will be involved in include:
- Attend and contribute to meetings internally and externally with clients
- Understanding the fundamentals and importance of health and safety both on and off site
- Working on preparing and producing engineering diagrams and documents, to engineering specifications
- Supporting onsite project teams with delivery of M&E services
- Working alongside design team - working with systems such as CAD and BIM
- Supporting company community and social value activities
- Working closely with our supply chain in aspects of raising orders, design ideas and project delivery
We are keen to understand the areas of interest the candidate has to ensure they have the ability to work within that area.
The training you will be getting
- Building Services Engineering Technician - Level 3 apprenticeship
- On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Once your apprenticeship has been completed you will have the opportunity to work within any of the departments you worked alongside as well as having the ability to undertake further training within with organisation.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent All Subjects (Grade Grade C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH BANK COLLEGES
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Building services engineering technician 2022
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.