Product Support Engineer Apprentice (Alderley) ALDERLEY PLC
The Apprentice Product Support Engineer will be playing a crucial role in supporting our customers with product related issues and generating software licences. This apprenticeship is designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to Product Support. This is a great opportunity for someone motivated by customer interaction and technology.
Closing date: 05 Mar 2024
Salary: £12,480 - £22,308
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
12 Mar 2024
29 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Assist customers with technical issues by providing timely support via the relevant communication channels.
- Provide remote support via industry standard tools where applicable.
- Ensure support tickets are recorded appropriately and logged within the helpdesk system.
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and resolve product-related problems.
- Assist customers with software installation and licence creation.
- Contribute to the development of support resources, such as our internal and external knowledgebases.
- Testing installation and operation of applications (including documentation) and ad hoc testing to support the development team.
- Assist customers with change notifications, proof of concepts, and product updates
- Evolve with our products, as we move towards real-time operational data, our support and SLAs are also evolving.
The training you will be getting
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Helpdesk Operations and Functions.
- Maintaining Digital Systems and Services
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems.
- Administration of Digital Systems and Services.
- Change Management.
- Teamwork and Communications.
- Introduction to System Security.
- User and Stakeholder Training.
- Working in Digital Support.
- Data Operations and Security.
- Pathways and Career Progression.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.