An opportunity has arisen in Seedlings Pre-School for a Production Chef Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to learn and work along side a team.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Pay is dependant on age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 45
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
18 Mar 2024
29 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Prepare snack
- Help the other chef to cook meals for 80 children in the setting
- Cover the chef if necessary with support from other staff in setting
- Clear up from lunch and snack including loading dishwasher and dishes
- Ensure washing for the setting is done – using the washing machine for tea towels and also cot sheets
- To prepare tea for children if needed and ensure its cleared up
- Work alongside the chef to ensure daily checks are carried out
- Ensure all polices are being carried out daily
- Cooking with the children
- Cleaning of the cupboards
- Working alongside but having the chef as your main lead and learning from him/her
The training you will be getting
- You will gain the Production Chef Level 2 qualification
- Functional skills maths and/ or English (If required)
- Employer location
- First Aid (If required)
- Food Hygiene (If required)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
A full time permanent availiable to the right candicate after completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4) Desired
Other First Aid (Grade Pass) Desired
Other Good Hygiene (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.