As an Accounts and Audit Apprentice, you will assist the accounts and audit team in the management and delivery of business services for DPC clients, gaining skills and knowledge through a combination of on-the- job training and study. Once qualified, we offer further training and development to continue your career progression within DPC.
Closing date: 22 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Jul 2024
29 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Prepare VAT reports
- Prepare small sets of accounts
- Prepare simple corporation tax computations
- Prepare budgets at the start of each job, monitor, and communicate with the Client Manager where problems are encountered to ensure timely solution
- General administrative tasks e.g. post, filing, scanning, uploading accounts etc.
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Accounting Assistant Apprenticeship Standard.
- You will spend four days a week in the work place and one day a week at Newcastle College for your 'study day'.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Could lead to a permanent position for the right person
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
NEWCASTLE AND STAFFORD COLLEGES GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
The Apprenticeship Hub
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.