Metal Fabrication Apprentice SMULDERS PROJECTS UK LIMITED
Do you want to learn an excellent trade at one of the biggest employers on the River Tyne? Are you looking for an apprenticeship after GCSEs? Are you considering an alternative to 6th form or college? Various start dates of April, May and September.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2024
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
23 Sep 2024
26 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The Fabrication Apprentice will be taught the following:
- Tack welding
- Cutting steel using oxy Acetylene equipment
- Reading of and understanding of engineering drawings
- ability to measure, mark off items of steel to reflect what drawing requires
- Fabrication of assemblies to reflect what drawing requires
- Using a variety of mechanical grinders. 5” 7” & 9”
- Drilling using a mixture of Rota broach and pedestal drills
- Using a mechanical “Quickie” burner and tubular burner
- Have fully competency in usage of on site overhead cranes
- Using a variety of measuring tools including dumpy levels and total station
- Fork truck licence
- Use of cherry picker or scissor lift if qualified
- Basic rigging using pull lifts and chain blocks
- Work at height
- Full use of all PPE Boots/overalls/glasses/ear defenders/hard hat/air fed mask and gloves
Examples of Standard Job Functions
- Demonstrate familiarity of knowledge of and compliance to safety practices, all Company procedures, technical standards and method statements to ensure implementation of best practise.
- Be familiar with and apply all relevant risk assessments for the work in hand.
- To conduct any other reasonable request from a Foreman/Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Standard
- Btec Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Diploma
- End Point Assessment.
- 5 weeks welder training in training school
- 5 weeks hand fitting and assembly training in training school
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- On completion of the apprenticeship the apprentice will be a timeserved Fabricator (plater)
- The training expereince at Smulders will proved the candidate with excellent fabrication skills
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.