Doggy Day Care Assistant Apprentice THE DOGS GO GROUP LTD
Aged 16+ and want a career in the doggy day care business? We are Wirral’s largest doggy day care company, operating with two sites on the Wirral where our dogs spend their days playing and socialising in 6 acres (!) of indoor and outdoor space, and we are looking for one dog-mad person to join our growing team as part of our apprentice scheme!
Closing date: 25 Feb 2024
Total hours per week: 21
Possible start date
26 Feb 2024
26 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Looking after the dogs in the day care
- Running activities and enrichment sessions
- Playing with them, keeping them entertained, and making sure they are happy
- Cleaning the facility and equipment amongst other duties. Bonus points if you are good on social media and can take photos on your phone!
The training you will be getting
Level 2 Animal Care & Welfare Assistant apprenticeship standard, including:
- Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills Maths (if required)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possibility of a full-time position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WIRRAL METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Animal care and welfare assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.